A three-day livestream marking the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, with millions around the world joining to stop the climate emergency.
Even if we’re stuck at home, we can still change the world. Save the date and join us for three days of action featuring speakers, music, protests, and more. All you need is an internet connection.
The National Event Schedule for each day can be found here
Wednesday, April 22 – Strike
- Day 1 of Spokane Earth Day Live event was co-sponsored by 350 Spokane and Sunrise Movement Spokane. Their focus on education and climate change will have a lasting positive impact on our community. This video includes videos from local high school students, Spokane City Council members, and a digital town hall event with live questions addressed to the Spokane School Board. To address the climate crisis, we don’t just need a moment, we need a movement! Support our youth in their call for a K-12 climate literacy curriculum, EV school buses, and solar on schools.
Watch Day 1
- adopt a K-12 climate literacy curriculum
- 100% electric school bus fleet in Spokane
- install solar on all remodeled and new schools
Want to show your support for these demands? Sign this climate and education petition to the Spokane School Board.
Thursday, April 23 – Divest
- The theme for day 2 is Divestment and Climate Financing. For this event we partnered with college students at Fossil Free Gonzaga. We want to reprogram the economy so that it works for people and the planet, not for polluters and politicians. Our demands: We demand that banks, asset managers, insurance companies and institutional investors stop funding, insuring and investing in climate destruction.
Watch Day 2
Note: Learn which banks are funding climate disaster and how you can move your money to match your values here.
Friday, April 24 – Vote
- On Day 3 of Spokane Earth Day Live, the theme is Political Action and Voter Engagement. We are proud to be partnering with the Spokane chapter of the League of Women Voters to host this event. We want to engage voters at every age level to ensure everyone who is able casts a vote for a climate champion.
Watch Day 3